This seems to be my week for making lists.
So I offer you 10 reasons for why I sew:
- When I was a little girl, I loved to pull out my Mom’s rose printed hat box that held treasures of fabric scraps. I would cut and pin and stitch my way through these scraps creating odd but enjoyable bits of doll clothes
- Mom—always a fashion plate in her own right—advised my sisters and I to learn to sew if we wanted nice clothes. Five children and Catholic school out did a wild clothing budget!
- Fabric jazzes me.
- I love to manipulate textiles
- Great fabric takes me to the Garden of Imagination. Bigtime.
- The high I get when I have accomplished a handmade garment with quality skills and materials that looks like a million bucks (but costs very little)
- Can you say–One.of.a.kind?
- Keeping alive an art. I am connecting with men and women through the centuries, but also touching the talents of artists alive now.
- It’s fun!!
- Sewing is creating, and I love to create. It is deep in my DNA, and I hope, a contribution I can make to this world.
Have a Wondrous Wednesday!