The great flu-like virus that is hitting my little corner of the world has struck me down.
What’s a girl to do?
Beauty takes a way-back seat when I’m ill, as I’m sure it does for many people.
Yet, a little self care is in order:
· First—sleep and rest
· Stay warm and ward off those chills! I don my fuzzy robe, cuddle duds, socks, slippers and a warm blanket
· Liquids—lots of liquids: I avoid coffee on these days since my stomach has been rocky. Herbal tea is soothing. I also recommend my latest health concoction of hot water, half a lemon’s worth of juice, a little Himalayan salt and a spoon of honey. This seems to soothe my sore throat and help calm the cough.
· Ibuprofen and/or Tylenol every 4 hours or so to relieve the headache and body pains
· Light meals—Mrs. Grass chicken soup, toast or bagel with a bit of jam or light butter; applesauce and Greek yogurt; seltzer water
· A hot shower to steam and warm oneself
· Moisturizer to calm the face after loads of nose blowing
That is my recipe for getting through this nasty virus!
Today I was feeling about 85% whole—enough to get some quick errands done and then I came home and sat.
And that is that.